Universal Services Unlimited LLC dba
MYCOTOXIN LABS
 

TO START MYCOTOXIN TESTING NOW  CALL ANYTIME AT 1-877-710-0710

Certain household molds can create toxic substances called mycotoxins during their growth. These molds are referred to as ‘toxigenic’, and are often called 'toxic molds'. However this isn't technically perfect, as it implies that the mold itself is toxic, which can be misleading.

Mycotoxins are what can and do create negative health effects on or in the body, not particularly the mold itself. The facts are that toxic molds create toxins when certain scenarios are in effect.

When mycotoxins are produced, people are exposed to them by inhaling or by touching the surface of mold or dust particles as for example, in settled dust. Although it is not yet known how much of airborne mycotoxins produce a negative effect, we know that if they are present, you should know about it.

We don't know all there is to know about mycotoxins produced in the environment yet, but diagnosis of mycotoxin presence is key.

YOUR GO TO LAB!

Rapid Trusted Results

Excellent Detection Limits
Exemplary Service
Great Value and Worth Discovering

Mycotoxins have been associated with ill health


Our understanding of the effects of airborne mycotoxins is complicated by the fact that, within the indoor environment, there are many other substances that can affect our health. This means we can't say with absolute certainty that these toxic molds that have been associated with ill health are in fact the absolute cause of the illness.

However, there have been a fair number of incidences of ill health where exposure to toxic mold occurred. Many symptoms are associated with toxic molds but some symptoms are only speculative. Some symptoms are:

  • asthma
  • sinus headache and nasal congestion
  • dizziness
  • skin rashes and hives
  • excessive fatigue
  • flu-like symptoms
  • ongoing sore throat and chronic cough
  • bleeding in the lungs